The Province and Interior Health are helping to meet the needs of the growing seniors’ population with the largest one-time increase in long-term care beds in the region in over 15 years. The addition of 495 long-term care beds will …
Together We Can Build a Better BC
I am pleased to continue serving the Nelson-Creston riding. To me, this means standing up for the rural issues that matter to you. Click here to read my monthly newsletters.
Thank you to everyone for doing your part, whether that’s as a front-line health worker, an essential service worker, or just staying at home and following social distancing guidelines. It is making a difference.
Here are some links to information and resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Health information:
- Visit the BC Centre for Disease Control for up-to-date information, resources and best practices during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Call 8-1-1 to speak to a health care professional about potential COVID-19 symptoms, or any other health-related concerns.
- Access the online self-assessment tool at any time to check your symptoms and determine if you require further assessment or testing.
- Non-medical information and what your government is doing to support people:
- Visit the BC Government COVID-19 webpage for the latest updates on our government’s response, including provincial health officer orders, and provincial support for individuals and businesses.
- Call 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319) for the latest on travel recommendations and social distancing, as well as support and resources from the provincial and federal government. You can also send a text to 604-630-0300.
- Call 2-1-1 or visit bc211.ca if you are a senior needing support, or if you’re a volunteer who is able to provide support.
- Visit the federal government’s webpage for information on federal support for individuals and businesses.
News and daily updates on B.C.’s COVID- 19 response: https://news.gov.bc.ca/
My constituency office is currently providing service to people and businesses via phone and email. We can help connect you with the services and support that you need during this challenging time. Please get in touch. Phone 1-877-388-4498 or email email@example.com
Creston- The Province is investing in Kootenay communities to help with the annual arrival of seasonal fruit pickers and to better protect worker, employer and community health and safety with respect to COVID-19. The B.C. government is providing funding to …
Share your love for local businesses and products and enter to win one of three amazing local gift baskets valued at $200. To enter, share a selfie with your recent local purchase on Instagram or Facebook with the hatchtag #mmmkootenaylocal. …